Sep 15, 2009

Nonattachment

One of my readings this morning quoted J. Krishnamurti, "This is my secret. I don't mind what happens." What an amazing approach to the world. I'm sure we have all heard this in one form or another; nonattachment, serendipity, equanimity, etc. But to actually live it! I think to actually live it, I really need to immerse myself in the truth that things are working out for the greatest good for myself and others. I need to trust that while this diagnosis of dementia does not seem to be the highest and best for Dwane or me, that it is serving a purpose that I cannot see or know.

I do know that I am most stressed when I am trying to control things, rather than relaxing and trusting that all events are purposefully part of the greater good. Perhaps if I just decide to believe that, the belief will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment