Sep 10, 2009

Milestones

Today I picked up our disabled parking decals. Dwane was resistant to getting them, and I encourage him to walk; but between his motor slowness and his balance difficulties, I can see where disabled parking permits can be so helpful to us. (and I wanted them for when our son-in-law takes him to a big university football game this weekend)

Perhaps it would be helpful to me to look upon this journey as one of milestones: getting him to a doctor who would listen to me; getting him to neuropsychological testing so that he could see the problems I was seeing in his cognitive processing; getting the medications that slow the progress of this noncurable and progressive disease; getting a driver's evaluation; and now, getting disabled parking permit.

This is a journey I have never done before. I have always been looking at journeys in which enhancements and improvements were being made. How can I turn this into a journey of delight, instead of a journey of disappointments?

2 comments: