Oct 18, 2011

Great respite

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
Steve Jobs

I am back and refreshed from a great respite, only part of four days, but -- they were worry free.  I knew my sister would have things nicely in hand while I was gone, and today when she left, Dwane actually said to her, "Let's do this again sometime."  How wonderful.  They both had fun; and so did I.  I got to see my grandson run his best cross country race to date.  Just a delight to see him do so well.  My daughter is a great travel companion, and it was so good to see my son and his family.  The wonderful energy of a city.  Such a contrast from my daily life.  Let us be sure as caregivers to follow our own heart and intuition, AND to arrange worry-free breaks for ourselves.  

No comments:

Post a Comment