Oct 9, 2011

Hope for the best


“Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.” His Excellency the Fourteenth Dalai Lama
Just when I thought Dwane had accepted my sister (God bless her!) coming to stay with him when I am gone next week, yesterday morning he had a major meltdown.  Complained that he did not need a babysitter.  Ironically, this is the same week that he nearly had a vehicle accident (doctor has told him twice that he is no longer to drive) and fell using poor judgment and a ladder.  So, I prepared well in advance, even got someone to come in that he enjoyed (he had said the person would probably be Jack the Ripper - when he chose the option of someone coming in), and I let him choose which option of coverage he wanted.  And, still the behavioral backlash.  It is sometimes very hard to tell which is the disease process and which is his inherent personality.  6 more days and I get a good break!!!   My first real vacation in years.

No comments:

Post a Comment