Oct 10, 2011

Steve Jobs

"All I ever wanted to do was make a dent in the universe," Steve Jobs.

My computer was down the day I learned that Steve Jobs had died (heavy cloud cover prevented satellite reception).  I was surprised how much loss I felt because I do not personally own an Apple product, but I was touched by the passing of such a brilliant mind.  I'm sure we have all heard it said that, if we want to know how much we will be missed; just put your finger in a glass of water, pull it out, and see what impression your finger left.  Well, the passing of Steve Jobs has made me realize how untrue that adage is.  We do make an impression on our worlds:  either positive or negative.  I don't think we can be neutral.  So, perhaps we need to choose wisely what impact we want to make.  Although most of us will not have the impact of Steve Jobs on the world, we can affect our own little worlds, the person for whom we provide care, and the people with whom we associate.  Today notice:  is your influence positive or negative?

Kathy, thank you for your comments and your calling to my attention that sudden behavior change can be the result of illness.  I will investigate that possibility.  I appreciate your thoughtfulness and your taking the time to comment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment