Feb 24, 2013

Enjoy Life!

"I finally figured out the only reason to be alive is to enjoy it." Rita Mae Brown

What wisdom!  Is it possible that it is not the degrees one accumulates behind one's name, or the level of professional attainment or money one makes in the world, or the contribution in art, or the amount of volunteering we do - is it possible that it is not these things that are most important?!  What if the basic reason for being alive is to enjoy life?!  Would that change the way you live?  Would you do less, obligate yourself less, free up some time for the things that enrich you?  I have found in recent times that I am vigilant about not obligating too much of my time.  While I still take on work and volunteering that I find appealing, I am very, very careful to save time for what are priorities for me.  Those priorities are:  fun, connecting times with those I love, practices of good health, body movement in some form of exercise, times to connect spiritually, and time to dream and be inspired.  Is your life in the good balance that you desire and deserve? 

No comments:

Post a Comment