Feb 13, 2013

Judgments and Comparisons

"Comparison is a cancer of the soul." Gerald Jampolski

It seems it is human to compare ourselves to others, either favorably or unfavorably.  It is important to remember that every thought we have about another human is actually a projection of our self, and that it is our own self that becomes discounted when we judge others.  Comparisons can prevent us from becoming all that we can be.  If I compare myself to Oprah or Warren Buffet, I can feel as if I can never be as successful.  If I compare myself to someone who is struggling with bare necessities, it can cause me to feel superior.  It truly can be a cancer for the soul.  The happiest people I know are the ones that abstain from judgments and comparisons, and they are wonderful people to be around.  There is no fear that we will be judged by them, so that enables us to be free to be all we can be.  It is important that we offer this same safe space for ourselves.  We can be free to be all we can be only when we feel safe -- safe from the judgments of ourselves foremost, so that we can ultimately be free from the judgments of others as well.  Today let us remain in acceptance of ourselves and all others.  Let us truly believe that every person is doing the very best he or she can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment