Jul 16, 2015

Acting With Love

Image result for flower photos
Real lovers serve ardently, hopefully, in an ecstasy of awe." Rumi

As caregivers are we real lovers?  Do we serve ardently, hopefully and in a sense of awe?  We are, after all, dealing with a progressive and terminal illness - which I described to someone recently as "icky".  It is difficult to see the degradation of someone we love.  It is difficult to see him uncomfortable, unable to meet his own needs, discontent.  The only way I can serve ardently, hopefully and in a sense of awe is to know that I do not have access to the bigger picture.  I cannot know the purpose of this disease for my loved one or for me.  Purpose??, you might ask.  Yes, I think all things, to include this journey with dementia, can serve a higher purpose if we have that intention.  What purpose might caregiving be giving you?

No comments:

Post a Comment