Jul 30, 2015

Eat For $4 a Day

Image result for flower photos
"Even a dozen organic eggs costs just 33 cents per egg." Leanne Brown

Other tips Brown gives us, is skip the "health" drinks and drink water with lemon in it instead.  This is a tip I have always used, although I do enjoy kombucha drinks occasionally.  Freeze cooked grains and lentils, as they are cheap, but take time to cook.  Use your slow cooker for cheaper, grass-fed cuts of meat.  Packaging is very expensive, so buy from bulk and bag your own.  It is so important that we eat well, but that does not have to mean expensively.  I make a lot of soups with meats without antibiotics or hormones and some good seasonal vegetables.  The other night I make stir fry with seasonal vegetables and organic brown rice.  When I cook, I deliberately make enough for leftovers, as that saves me time and gives me a quick, nutritious meal.  /Bon appetit,  

No comments:

Post a Comment