Jul 14, 2015

Strengthen Our Grip

Image result for flower photos
:A new study of 140,000 adults ages 35 to 70 from 17 countries found a link between grip strength and death from any cause." AARP

Do you find it hard to open jars nowadays?  To my chagrin, I sometimes do.  The researchers offer a simple way to stay healthy:  strengthen our hand grip.  There are tools one can buy to do this, but we can also use our hands more to exercise them.  My hand strength has improved from the water aerobics I do with hand weights.  I think the bottom line is to have good muscle tone throughout our bodies, so, as Dr. Christiane Northrup says, whatever exercise would be good for you is the exercise you will do.  What exercise do you love?  Today I will be out weedeating.  Holding that machine and using it strengthens my hands while also improving the looks of our property.

No comments:

Post a Comment