Jul 11, 2015

Thinking And Speaking Positively

Image result for flower photos
"Can one sing whose mouth is full of filth?" Kahlil Gibran

Recently a niece was complimenting me on how well I am doing for my age.  She asked if I still exercised and she commented that she knew I ate nutritiously.  I acknowledged her compliment, and added, "And positive thoughts -- a person must manage her thoughts."  I think those are the 3 legs that hold up health.  Regular exercise, proper nutrition, and healthy thoughts.  The last one is, in my opinion, the hardest.  Last night I was talking with a friend who also acknowledged how hard it is to manage one's thoughts.  She said that she can start out fine in the morning and then something will derail her.  That is the human journey.  We can set our thoughts on positive things and have something happen that discourages us.  The practice is to return again and again to thoughts that support the health of us and others.  

No comments:

Post a Comment