Jul 12, 2015

Honoring The Passage of Time

Image result for flower photos
"Gladly greet each of the changing seasons of your life." Stephen C. Paul

Aren't we often in gatherings where people are bemoaning turning a certain age -- it seems to happen particularly when a "major" birthday comes up, like 60.  Dr. Christiane Northrup said she has even seen birthdays of someone in their 40's celebrated with signs of death and black crepe.  She recommends a woman never tell her age.  I disagree.  I always tell my age because I think in doing so it offsets ageism, which I think is particularly present for women.  When I turned 60, I said I was going to have my best decade ever; and when I turned 70, I said this was going to be my best decade ever.  One might look at my life and say that the years of my 60's do not look all that great, but I think having the intention that one's life will get better and better is good for us.  Dr. Maya Angelou said her 60's were great and her 70's were even better.  That's how I want to live.  How about you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment