Jun 21, 2015

Gratitude

Image result for flower photos
"If you cannot be grateful for what you have received, then be thankful for what you have been spared." Yiddish proverb

We who are caregivers might feel we have been given a very large burden, and we have; but, it helps me to look around and see the burdens others have.  We have all heard the old story of people going to a party, throwing their troubles in the middle of the room, and they could pick any problem to take home with them.  They all picked the problem they had brought with them.  I learned yesterday that a woman colleague of mine about a decade younger than me died recently from a long battle with cancer.  I know a man who is struggling with cancer.  I know people with fibromyalgia and other neurological and debilitating disorders.  No one escapes challenges in life.  Let us be grateful that our challenge is not worse than it is. 


No comments:

Post a Comment