Jun 25, 2015

Importance of Social Support

Image result for flower photos
"Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world.
Today I am wise, so I am changing myself." Rumi

Social support for us who are caregivers and for our loved ones is so important.  Recently, in visiting my loved one, he had been incorrigible to both staff who were trying to help him and me.  Full of complaints and discontent.  Then, in walked our 2 year old granddaughter, and he transformed before my eyes.  He smiled, called her by name, commented on what she was wearing, and remained in a good mood for the rest of the time I was there.  Children.  The presence of a child can transform a nursing home and the people in it.  Let us look for all the ways we can support the well being of our loved one, and ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment