Jun 1, 2015

Looking At Ourselves

Image result for flower photos

 "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves." Carl Jung

It seems equally true that everything that we admire in others can lead us to a better understanding of ourselves.  Jung, I believe, was referring to the idea that what annoys us in others is what we do not recognize in ourselves.  By the same token, it seems that what we admire in others would also be true within ourselves.  What annoys you in others?  For me it is people who talk too much, which might mean I need to find my own voice in situations.  What do you admire in others?  I admire integrity, respect and courage, which might mean I have those qualities within myself that I might better acknowledge and express.

No comments:

Post a Comment