Jun 3, 2015

Our Oneness

Image result for flower photos
 "The mind is a creature of habit, so it becomes each individual’s responsibility to make sure that positive emotions and thoughts constitute the dominating influence in their mind. " John Kehoe

We are each susceptible to certain behaviors we perceive from others.  I call these themes.  Themes that are our own work to do while we are here.  One of my themes is not belonging.  As the youngest child of four, a powerful tool my siblings could use against me was to threaten me with being left out.  So, this remains a theme for me.  Feeling left out   It's actually a powerful technique and has been used by many people over the centuries.  Native people are said to have used leaving out to shape the behavior of people in their communities.  As the farthest end of the continuum, being left out meant death, as we needed the safety of community to have food and survive.
Recognizing what is our "theme" to deal with in life can be powerful, because it is in recognizing our themes that we can free ourselves from their power.

No comments:

Post a Comment