Jun 23, 2015

Importance of Movement

Image result for flower photos
"For every hour you sit, move 2 minutes." Bruce Kelley

We are reading this in more and more places:  the importance of movement within the day, the importance of avoiding longterm sitting.  It seems that movement throughout the day is more important than a block of time devoted to exercise.  It actually makes sense.  As we get older, we can feel stiff after sitting for long periods.  I notice this especially when I am driving, because I naturally get up a lot when I am not confined to a seat.  With my loved one, when I am there I get help to rearrange him in his wheelchair or to stretch him out in bed.  He gets so slumped over when sitting that I think it affects his breathing, and he complains of chest pain.  So, different positions even for those who are immobile is a good thing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment