Aug 6, 2011

Choosings our ideas

"I select ideas as carefully as I would select a precious gem.  I want only those ideas which are worthy of my highest spiritual development.  The ideas I have selected include health, prosperity and creative self-expression.  I formerly believed that situation, people and problems had power, but now I see rightly."  Ernest Holmes. 

What good counsel.  If one believes, and some do, that our ideas/thoughts/feelings are what create our experience, then it is prudent to select them wisely.  I have been too tired to think positively; a lot going on this week with Dwane's surgery, the in-home health care falling through, and many phone calls to arrange other help.  But, the reality is, we are doing okay this weekend -- with in-home help starting on Monday.  I even have the energy today to think of a good meal to prepare.  So, I will get myself back on track; I will carefully select those thoughts and ideas I have.  I will not allow myself to be carried off by thoughts (worries) that I don't subscribe to.  I will think thoughts of joy and well-being.  For us all.

Thank you, dear readers, for your supportive comments and loving thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment