Aug 3, 2011

Supportive services

"If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "Thank you," that would suffice." Meister Eckhart.

The supportive/home health services I had arranged for next week to assist with the post-op needs fell through today, so I have spent most of the day trying to patch some services together.  I am very much at the point where I need/want more help; in fact, I know I have waited too long.  A health practitioner today said I had fear and overwhelment in my eyes.  Good feedback for me to hear how overloaded I am.  It is stunning for me how hard it is to get services in place and how many roadblocks there are for what would seem like appropriate services.  For instance, it seemed reasonable to me that he go to a rehab hospital after surgery --- but they won't take him because he doesn't have acute medical needs.  My goodness.  I know that I am intelligent and assertive, and I am very frustrated!!  How do people with fewer resources navigate through the incredible maze of roadblocks put up by agencies and regulations?  Perhaps the good news in this is that I will find and secure just the right person/persons in our local area.  I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment