Aug 27, 2011

Neck massage

"The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine reports getting a neck massage is an effective pain buster," Health Magazine Sept. 2011

Perhaps between trips to the doctor, trips to the pharmacists, paying bills, doing yard work, doing laundry, preparing meals, etc., etc., you do not have time for a full massage.  The above research indicates that even just a neck massage can bring us relief from tension.  Who is on your team to support your health?  Research tells us that this job of caregiving can be very detrimental to our health.  Besides yearly visits with a physician and the recommended tests, I see an alternative medical person, a reflexologist and a body worker --- not nearly as often as I would like, but I see these people as critical to my health.  They, and my spiritual advisor, are a necessity for me.  Who do you have to help you care for your health and handle the stress of caregiving and life? 

No comments:

Post a Comment