Aug 29, 2011

Two ways to support happiness

"Feeling socially connected and being outside are the biggest sources of cheer." Dr. Richard Ryan, University of Rochester.

With the time-constraints that being a caregivers entails, it is sometimes hard to make sure we get enough of either social connection or time outdoors.  I can manage time outdoors every day with my early morning run, but being socially connected with supportive and positive people is far more challenging for me.  It is sometimes not possible to get away for coffee or lunch with a friend.  One way I do keep socially connected is by making sure I have weekly conversations and/or emails with those people who are lifelines for me.  How do you keep social connections and being outside in your busy days?  

No comments:

Post a Comment