Mar 10, 2012

Four Practices

"And what are the important practices?  The four big ones to me are prayer, meditation, forgiveness and gratitude." Marilyn Stortz

I agree.  The way to maintain balance and serenity in my life is to be sure that every day has these four practices and exercise.  I start my day, before Dwane is up, in these four practices.  I do better in life in general, and in caregiving, if I am faithful to these practices.  I have also added within these practices some body tapping that I learned from a wonderful practioner.  Jack Canfield has a book about to come out that explains body tapping for anyone interested.  These practices, along with good nutrition and some added fun, make a solid foundation to my daily life.  Even when I have dreams which are upsetting and which feature someone who has hurt me in life, I immediately - upon awakening and remembering the dream - practice forgiveness toward the peson who hurt me and toward myself for allowing that hurt.  It makes an amazing difference in the quality of my life when I am faithful to these practices. 

No comments:

Post a Comment