Mar 18, 2012

Our unique giftedness

"Your presence is a unique gift to the world." posted in a shop window in Beirut, Lebanon.

What if we consider that we make a significant difference in the world?  It is true, you know.  A friend helped me realize that when I told her I was not going to an event, and she reflected to me that I should consider what a difference it would make in the event if my energy was there.  That is true for any one of us.  We each are unique expressions of energy which either bless our environments or not.  It is our choice how we impact our surroundings.  Today I was talking with a friend who said she had decided not to say anything that was not helpful and kind.  A wonderful decision, and one I made some time ago.  What we say can have tremendous impact, so I think we should choose with care what we express.  My friend's guideline is a good one.  Do you consider evaluating what you might say and to speak only if what you have to say is kind and might be of help to the situation?  Dr. M. Scott Peterson suggested that we evaluate what we are going to say and to speak it only if it is the best interest of the other person to hear it.  We might have far less talking if we all considered the impact of what we say and spoke only when it benefitted the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment