Mar 6, 2012

Inner voice

"At the very least, we can learn to strap down the obstreperous mind and discourage its constant inclination to tell stories.  Then, perhaps, the inner voice can catch the ear." Marilyn Stortz

We have all heard and read about the busy mind and how it takes us out of what may be important, but I like how Marilyn Stortz described it -- as the mind constantly telling stories.  Isn't that true?  When I notice my thoughts, they are often of what I did or did not do or say in a past or future situation.  Stories, all of them.  Even the lists of to-do's that my mind does, are really stories of organization.  Inspiration cannot come to us if our mind is busy with some story of its own.  Inspiration comes to us in the still, small voice that requires quiet and attentiveness to notice.  Just for today, let us practice keeping our mind quiet and at peace, and let us see what inspirations come to us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment