Mar 31, 2012

Ordinary Acts

"I believe it is in the way we handle the ordinary that gives us the foundation to step into the extraordinary when it calls." Margaret Stortz

As caregivers, we have many opportunities to do the ordinary - if one calls ordinary acts those of laundry, paying bills, yardwork, making meals, shopping for groceries, dispensing medication, driving to appointments that we have made, modifying clothing, consoling fears, monitoring health.  I am sure I have forgotten some, but even so, many ordinary acts.  So, Margaret Stortz believes it is in the way we handle these ordinary acts that allows the extraordinary.  She goes on to say in her writing that she believes that the way we handle the ordinary, helps us to experience the miraculous.  Remember when we were writing down three miracles or incidences for which we were grateful that we experienced each day?  I am still doing that.  It does help me frame my perception so that I am looking for reasons to be grateful throughout the day.  What are you grateful for today?  I am grateful for the evidence of spring arriving. I am grateful for the love and support of friends.  I am grateful that I can always choose my attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment