Mar 3, 2012

Ideas

"If we think of Infinite Mind as an all-enveloping wind, we can imagine that ideas light upon us somewhere along the line.  . . .  and this is part of the wonder of our humanity --plucking ideas from the stream and giving them heartbeats and footprints in our everyday lives." Marilyn Stortz

Have you ever noticed that new ideas seem to spring up in various places in the world, simultaneously, without the people ever meeting and talking?  I have read that was true of aspects of nuclear research, and recently in listening to an interview of Mark Zuckerberg.  When discussing the twins who have sued him for taking their idea, the interviewer points out that social networks were already set up by other people prior to either Zuckerberg or the twins.  Has it ever happened to you?  That an idea for something will seem to come out of nowhere; an idea that you never thought of before.  When I am at my very best, relaxed/calm/centered, it happens to me.  Perhaps the above quote is true; that ideas are in a stream of consciousness for anyone of us to catch.  If that is true, then it seems to me that it is important for us to be available to 'catch' the ideas.  And, I think that means being relaxed, with a tranquil mind, open to the idea of catching an idea.  It means to make time for creativity to come to us.  Walking in nature is one way for me, noticing the content of my dreams, noticing what catches my attention in a book or elsewhere.  What helps you to be receptive to creative ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment