Mar 20, 2012

Honoring our weakness

"Our strength will continue if we allow ourselves the courage to feel scared, weak and vulnerable." Melody Beattie

Do you ever feel that you just do not have the strength to go on?  My sister came to give me respite, I checked myself into a lovely old hotel and slept for 12 hours!  I had no idea I was so exhausted.  It is so important that we who are caregivers (and I think those of us living life in general) have time set aside to assess how we are doing.  I knew after filing our income taxes, in addition to my other responsibilities, that I was over stretched, but I did not know I was that exhausted.  Let us each take time, if not daily, at least weekly - to assess our own emotional well being.  And then, let us take steps to keep it on equilibrium.  A day or several days of respite, a walk in nature, a massage, time with a trusted and supportive friend.  What renews your spirit?

No comments:

Post a Comment