Mar 12, 2012

Happiness

"True happiness is sustainable delight in the beautiful moments of ordinary life." Marth Beck

Sometimes amid the frustrations and mishaps, it is hard to practice "sustainable delight", and I am unsure any more if we have an ordinary life or not.  Someone who sees Dwane only periodically, said after a recent visit that he "obviously had greatly diminished mental abilitities".  Does he?  I am trained to observe others' behavior, but with the 24/7 of this caregiving, it is hard for me to be sure of a change in status or if he now has "greatly diminished mental ability".  My sister is coming to give me respite, and she is someone I can ask who will tell me the truth.  Who do you have in your life who will give you a very candid opinion of the status of well being?  Your well being and that of the person for whom you provide care.

No comments:

Post a Comment