Mar 15, 2012

Pushing against life

"The things that are really for thee gravitate to thee." Ralph Waldo Emerson

We hear a lot of that kind of thinking today; Emerson was before his time in that belief.  How often do we, or do we see others, pushing against what their life is or envying someone else's life -- thinking that person has what we want?  Both are a waste of energy.  I do not have Oprah's life, or Angeline Jolie's.  I have mine.  The only thing possible for me is to live my life the very best I can.  I have always felt strongly about developing our potential, and professionally have spent a life time helping others to do that.  Perhaps in this 'time away from society' that caregiving is there is an opportunity to fully develop ourselves.  That, of course, may not mean out in the world professionally, but I agree with others who think that the greatest development occurs internally.  Meditation, reading soul-feeding books, time with nature.  Which of these helps you to come to know and honor yourself better?  Make time for that today, even 5 minutes is helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment