Mar 5, 2012

Living life

"As matches are just sticks until lit, as ice is not quenching until thawed, questions and problems remain obstacles until lived." Mark Nepo

Does it seem to you, as it seems to me, that the path ahead is strewn with obstacles and problems?  Taxes to be done, insurance forms to complete, appointments to be kept, medicine to dispense.  What if, as Mark Nepo says, these things are problems only when dreaded in advance?  It seems to me that may be true.  I know I will get the taxes done, insurance filed, appointments kept and medicine dispensed.  I will do it one step at a time.  No reason to dread.  And, I will mix in some fun.  The symphony tonight, a lovely walk with my daughter tomorrow, time to read my new book.  I will live life, and the problems will dissolve in front of me.  Perhaps the conditions in which I find myself are the exact ones needed to propel me to my greatest potential as a human being.

"Every person's condition is a solution in hieroglyphic to those inquiries they would put.  We act it as life, before we apprehend it as truth." Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment