Mar 17, 2012

Learning opportunity

"Khan Academy is on a mission to provide a free world-class education to anyone anywhere. With over 2,600 videos covering everything from arithmetic to physics ..".   www.kahnacademy.org

My daughter told me about this site today.  This website and educational opportunity was started by a young man who has steadfastly refused to accept buyouts or other formats which would involve cost to the student.  For those of us who are at home because of caregiving, here is an opportunity to learn anything from brushing up on your algebra skills to history to learning more about finance.  All for free.  In easy to follow video instructions.  What a great and altruistic service.  I intend to take advantage of this learning opportunity.  I hope you do too.

I teach the way that I wish I was taught. The lectures are coming from me, an actual human being who is fascinated by the world around him."—Sal   (founder and executive director of Khan Academy)

No comments:

Post a Comment