Aug 2, 2015

Believing in Goodness

"Disbelief turns gold into bronze and peace into war." Rumi

Do you believe in the ultimate goodness of everyone, or do you suspect others of trying to do you harm?  The world is largely how we believe it to be.  I was recently with someone who talked about how awful it was that we all had to face the prevalence of being sued.  I responded to her that I did not entertain that fear.  Of course, we can all be sued in this day and age; and as a precaution, I carry umbrella liability insurance; but - beyond that - I give it no thought.  I think we are more likely to win the lottery than to be sued.  The best option it seems to me is to create a safety plan in case disaster strikes, but, in the meantime, live in peace.  Do you expect goodness or its opposite?

No comments:

Post a Comment