Aug 8, 2015

Facing Life Challenges

Image result for flower photos
"Life isn't about weathering life's storms; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
sign in Craig Hospital

Dementia is one of life's storms.  Are you weathering it, or are you learning to dance in the rain with it?  My loved one has not returned to his level of functioning he had before his UTI (urinary tract infection).  He is often cold, complains of vague pains.  Yesterday he told me he felt he was sitting on a bed of nails.  He is checked over physically when he is bathed, and his pains seem to roam from one part of his body to another, so it is hard to address it.  Is it real?  I have no idea, but I am certain it is real to him.  I wonder if as the brain is being destroyed that it signals pain in various body parts.  Hard to see, and all that seems to be able to be done is to give him pain relief with narcotic pain medications.  

No comments:

Post a Comment