Aug 20, 2015

Immunizations

Image result for flower photos
"I am firmly in the pro-vaccination camp.  I've seen the devastating impact infectious diseases can have when people don't take the proper precautions of getting vaccinated." Dr. Oz
I am astonished that the misguided information about vaccinations still abounds.  I was recently with a woman who was furious that the hospital, for which she worked, wanted her to get a flu shot -- she did not want to "put that poison in my body".  OMG.  My thought was how can you care so little about the health and welfare of the people who come to the hospital with compromised immune systems.  I get the flu shot every fall, specifically to protect my loved one, as well as myself.  Dr. Oz recommends we get the flu shot every fall, preferably by October, and that we get shingles vaccination, Tdap, and pneumonia.  The CDC is now recommending two vaccinations for pneumonia, especially for those with compromised immune systems.  Let's do what we can to not only stay healthy ourselves, but to support the health of our entire communities.  

No comments:

Post a Comment