Aug 25, 2015

Seeing Things Newly

Image result for flower photos
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes." Marcel Proust

This is true in all situations in life, to include caregiving.  Someone said to me recently how sad it was that I had to return to work to help cover costs of nursing care, but my position is - how lucky I am to be trained in a profession in which I can dip back in and work.  It is all one's perspective.  

Currently I have a problem with a pack rat having gotten into an area of the house via a heat duct.  At first I was upset to have to deal with this, but, then it occurred to me, how lucky to have discovered it before winter.  I called service people this morning, and they will be here this afternoon.  And, this morning, I have noticed a large hawk situated near our house.  I am going to consider this hawk is after the pack rat that is problematic to me.  Perhaps it is true!

Do we see problems or possibilities?  As humans, we will see both, but we are better served to focus on the possibilities within the problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment