Aug 11, 2015

Handling Money

Image result for flower photos
"Here's a simple truth about money:  The more you save, the happier you will be, as a fully loaded emergency fund frees you from middle-of-the-night what-ifs. A solid retirement plan is a promise now to provide for yourself later." Suze Orman

How are you with money?  It is a significant  matter for us who are caregivers.  With nursing homes costing about $8000 per month, it behooves us all to think about how we will provide care for ourselves should we need it.  I went back to work to help offset the cost of the care of my loved one, and I feel fortunate that I have a profession in which I could go back to work.  I also do some creative thinking with ways to save or make money:  I share garbage services with a neighbor, I rented our house during a major event recently, I eliminated a phone landline.  How do you handle money to make sure you provide for yourself and those you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment