Aug 31, 2015

Looking for Miracles

Image result for flower photos
"It's not a matter of miracles occurring in your life, it's a matter of you noticing how many there are." David Goldberg

Some days it is hard to see any miracles, but perhaps that is one's orientation.  I have been unusually stressed.  I lost a house key on Friday, and, for me, that always means I am under too much stress.  As caregivers we have heavy loads.  In addition to seeing my loved one several times a week and the 2 hours it takes to drive there and back, I - like you probably - have the whole upkeep of a house inside and out, bills to pay, commitments to manage, professional lives to handle, and then - hopefully, a bit of time for family and friends.  My life has been unusually full with calling services to take care of and eliminate a rodent problem, calling for other services to handle storm damage to property, and meeting with people to plan end-of-life services for my loved one.  No wonder I am stressed!  I am sure you are too.  So, within that, what are the miracles?  After many phone calls and service people coming, I finally have found a contractor who will correct the problem which allowed the pack rat.  Another miracle, when I was with my loved one over the weekend, he was more alert and verbal than he has been in weeks.  What are some of the miracles in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment