Aug 27, 2015

Sobering

Image result for flower photos
"Chewing gum can reduce stress hormones." Julia Calderone

Chewing gum is probably not enough to counteract the stress of caregiving.  Yesterday I met with the funeral home and the nursing home.  Sobering  -- even a bit harrowing!!!  Even though we know we are dealing with a terminal and progressive illness, I found meeting with the funeral home very, very sobering.  I am so grateful that my daughter and granddaughter were there to help it not be so daunting.  The meeting at the nursing home showed everyone in consensus:  my loved one has declined dramatically in recent weeks.  Both meetings created some good plans and were necessary,   I recommend that when you choose to make funeral plans that you have someone with you to love and support you.

No comments:

Post a Comment