Aug 23, 2015

Trusting The Process

Image result for flower photos
"I'm only lost if I am going somewhere in particular." Megan Schribner

Yesterday I arranged for our priest to come and do the anointing of the sick - what used to be called last rites.  I want to cover a large range of ecumenical practices to support his dying.  The harpist was arranged because she is trained to play music to help one in the process of dying.  The prayers I say are from my own spiritual path, and - because his relationship with God is important to him and he is most comfortable for that to be delivered within the structure of religion, I asked the priest to come.  This is honoring his religious tradition and choice.  

I know death is not imminent, but I also know it is on the horizon; and it is my practice and preference to prepare in advance for life events.  Next week my daughter and I will meet with the funeral home.  I want him remembered for who he is/was and his life celebrated, and that is best done for me by thoughtful preparation.

No comments:

Post a Comment