Aug 5, 2015

Preventing Agitation of Rumination

"How many times have I examined and reexamined the words of another in my mind?" Mark Nepo

Being human we all do this to some extent.  I was with extended family recently, and I have found myself examining and reexamining the words said to me.  It is an interesting phenomenon - when we think someone's words mean more than face value; and sometimes they do.  But, what a waste of time to examine and reexamine.  Whatever the person said and perhaps really meant are not worth losing our own serenity.  Peace of mind is the bottom line.  As caregivers we do not have time or energy for agitation, nor do I want it.  So, release and forgive:  forgive myself for ruminating, forgive the other person for what she may have meant.  Peace.  It is the greatest gift. 

No comments:

Post a Comment